I posted last week about the sampler blocks I pulled from the UFOs, and since then I've been trying to get in a little time each day on the project. Unfortunately, my daughter has been working long hours this week, and my grandson has been protesting naptime, so it's been slow going. Still, I am making some progress. Last week, I got all of the blocks set together with sashings:
And this week, little by little, I've been working on this pieced border, which I finished up last night:
I'm really happy with how this looks so far! The border is a pattern from Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache, called Curling Ribbon. I've used this same border treatment on a number of my quilts. I love the intricate look of it, and yet it's a relatively simple border to make. And you can use the same triangle units, set diffently, to create a Pyramid border. It's definitely a favorite of mine. ;o)
Next I'd like to add one or two solid borders to finish it up. Maybe today! We'll just have to wait and see if the little one cooperates...
Day 2 Black & White Photo Challenge
2 hours ago