Monday, October 17, 2011

Quilters Sew Love

Just finished my June Get 'er Done Challenge project, the Quilters Wallhanging. I'm catching up, little by little...

Here's the "before" picture again:

This panel was a gift from a quilting friend, and I've always wanted to make it into a wall hanging for my sewing room, but it was one of those "I'll get to it someday" kind of things. It's so nice to finally "get 'er done!"

It's a little hard to see all the cute details in the picture, so here are a few closeups of the quilter blocks.

My free-motion stippling is definitely smoothing out. These panels are a great way to practice!

Isn't it just perfect above my sewing cabinet? I love it!

4 comments:

krochet4kids said...

Wow, and your sewing area looks so nice as well!

Mary said...

Oh, that wall hanging is adorable! I have one that I got at a quilt show a few years ago for free. You are inspiring me.

Love the sewing cabinet! Everything is SOOOO clean!

Heather said...

Thank you, both! My sewing room is not always so neat, but I did do a major clean-up recently and I'm trying to keep it that way as long as possible. lol

Amanda Dickson said...

Love the cute panel...definetly great for a sewing room!