One more project I've been working on...
These started out as 9-1/2" sampler blocks, made last year in a block-of-the-month project with Country Quilters USA. I just pulled them out of the UFO pile last week, determined to make them into a quilt. I'm starting to have some problems though, working only from my stash (remember the don't-buy-anything-unless-absolutely-necessary budget?) I really don't think I can do justice to these without doing a little fabric shopping.
What I have done so far, was to add 2" white-on-white sashing strips to the blocks, followed by 1-1/2" sashing strips in burgundy. I think the next step should be to set them all together with more white, but I'm seriously low on any kind of white fabric now. You just can't do much of anything without those neutrals!
And I'd really like to do a pieced border on this one, using more of the burgundy sashing fabric -- only I've used it all up. Hopefully I can still find more of it, as I really love this fabric. It's called, "Grace," by RJR. It doesn't show in the picture, but it's a gorgeous tone-on-tone floral print. So rich and warm looking! I guess I'll just have to find some and call it "absolutely necessary." LoL
And I found it! At Ginger's Needleworks and Quilting So I bought another 1-1/2 yards. Yikes! This is a big splurge on fabric for me. May have to sell this quilt to pay for it. LoL
Flower Mask and Death to the Deck
9 hours ago