Monday, December 12, 2011

Starlight Angels

A lot was accomplished this weekend, but part of it has to wait a bit, so as not to ruin a surprise. I did, however, finish my December "Get 'er Done" project, the Starlight Angels panel, and that I can share. ;o)

Here's the panel before:

And after borders, quilting and binding:

I also discovered I had a matching pillow panel (where was that when I took my "before" picture?) so I made those up, too.

There was an extra Santa pillow, too, which I gave to my grandson. I had to steal pillow forms from other pillows, so I'll have to watch for the next sale on those and replenish my supply.

They look so cute on the couch here in my office/family room space. It's nice to have a little touch of Christmas in this room!

Lots yet to do this week, but first priority is to finish my mom's birthday quilt. I discovered last week that I won't be able to quilt it without destroying some of the decorative blocks, so my sister and I will be tying it today, and then I'll just have the binding to add. After that, I really must get going on my Christmas gifts. I can't believe it's just around the corner!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

The angel quilt looks cute. I so impressed that you finished the UFO challenge. I only managed to finish a few of mine. I also like your idea about the "Better Home" challenge.