Saturday, March 31, 2012

Better Home Challenge: March Reveal

Previous Posts on March's Project:
Before Pictures
Week One Progress
Week Two Progress
Week Three Progress
Making the Window Valance
Finishing Touches

Our little bathroom is finished -- what a difference a month makes! Of course, there are a few things that could still be done (which have been added to my "future" list), but it is SO much better than it was a month ago.

It's so clean and bright now...

... and clutter-free!

The final splurge was for a new rug from Bed, Bath & Beyond. (We also got one of those cushy memory foam bath mats to put in front of the shower.)

I originally bought the vanity accessories to match the rug, but when I got them home, they just sort of faded into the background on our vanity. So I returned those and bought this set from Walmart, to match the hand towel I bought earlier in the month.

My youngest daughter (the one who helped with the painting) told me she was looking forward to my reveal post, to "see how it turned out," and then we both laughed. She lives here. She's seen how it turned out. I think what she's been looking forward to is the "before" and "after" pictures...

It's amazing how quickly you forget where it all started...

This next one is my favorite. What a chaotic MESS it was before!

And the new medicine cabinet was such a welcomed change...

So, one more room down, and MILES yet to go... but each "finished" area makes me feel just a little bit better about my house in general. I'm a little bit terrified at this time each month to see what my next project will be. If a tiny little bathroom can give me so much trouble, what in the world will I be getting into with my living room? And my kitchen? And, and, and... but I'll take it one step at a time. That seems to be working pretty well so far.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

YOu are amazing! seriously! I have never seen anyone do such projects! you are definetly inspiring to me!!!
I LOVE your bathroom and that color on the walls is really pretty!

Jean said...

So awesome...love the color...I have a similiar blue in my upstairs bathroom. It is so nice to get a fresh look isn't it. Now you will be living in your basement!

Chris H said...

It does look gorgeous! You girls have done such a lovely job of it. And I love your vanity accessories.