Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BHC Update and August Project

Honestly, I'm about to cry "Uncle" on this challenge (who's brilliant idea was this anyway?), but maybe August will be that magical month when all the loose ends are tied up and I feel like I can actually move forward. I'm giving it one more shot anyway...

First, some "progress" on the kitchen (the MAY project): The replacement window we ordered came in -- but we measured wrong. It's a little too small, so now some carpentry is required to make it fit. How we'll trim it all out and make it look right is beyond me, but there has to be a way. Of course, before we discovered that it was too small, we had the old window completely out.

And then right back in it went:

Last night we got the supplies to "make it fit," so maybe it'll be finished in the near future... (sigh)

Meanwhile, I picked a number for August (which I'm already beginning to regret)... number nine, the basement storage room:

Looks like fun, right?

Yikes. I need to channel that positive attitude I had at the beginning of the year ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 comments:

Cindi said...

We were just forced to clean out a storage room in the basement due to a little moisture. My DH has lived here since 1977 and I've been here 10 years. There was stuff that probably hadn't moved since 1977. I've shredded stuff from all the way back to 1971! We took 4 boxes to Goodwill, 4 boxes to a neighbor who's moving to his own apartment, untold amounts to trash and recycling and several items to electronic recycling. It feels good to know what's in there, to be able to find stuff and to be able to put stuff in there if we need to. I didn't take any pictures,now I wish I had. =( Good luck with your window project. You have done better than I have on this challenge, I think March is still undone for me.

Chris H said...

I hope you get the kitchen window sorted out!
The next 'project' looks like it will be a big job!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the idea of a Better Home Challenge, and I think the idea of choosing a different challenge for each month is a great one. I have been doing little things here and there, but maybe if I did it your way, I would have a deadline of the end of the month to meet since the next challenge would be starting. You have made wonderful progress so far and I wish you the best on the rest of it.