It's been awhile since I've posted an update on my February Better Home project, and with only three days left, I've been taking stock of what's been done and what can still realistically be done in these last few days. I think I was on target awhile back when I said I'd be happy just to have the area de-junked and the floor washed. Well, I have three days left to get that floor washed... LoL That's kind of how things have been going here this month.
Aside from some major de-cluttering, we did get a start on a long-put-off project in this room -- the ceiling. Though the two bedroom ceilings were finished when we bought our house in 1998, the rest of the basement still has the heat duct-plumbing-wiring-and-beams decor overhead. In the area I've been working on, this is the basic ceiling view.
Years ago, we purchased a suspended ceiling "starter kit" for the room, but never got around to so much as opening the box. This challenge has, if nothing else, inspired us to open that box. LoL My husband spent one afternoon on the project and managed to install as much as he had to work with.
Some of the tiles were already damaged, due to the years of sitting on the floor (a little payback for procrastination) so those will have to be replaced, but it's a start! And if you cup your hands closely around your eyes, and just look up into one corner...
... you can see how the whole ceiling will look eventually! LoL This will be an ongoing project, as we'll have to buy the framing and tiles little by little as we can afford them.
I'll be back later this week with a final report for February, but I didn't want to forget the beginnings of this long-awaited improvement. Hopefully having it started will compel us to keep going and get it done!