Friday, December 2, 2011

Sew & Tell Friday

Now that December is here, I'm getting seriously antsy about the number of things I need to finish in the next few weeks. Thinking about it can make a few small finishes feel like a drop in the bucket, quickly set aside in order to move on to the next thing. This is one reason Sew & Tell Friday is so great. It's nice to be able to take a moment to celebrate even the smallest finishes, especially at this time of year, before plunging back into the mountain of must-dos.

I've already blogged on two of my finishes this week, so feel free to click on the title if you'd like to see all the particulars and fun stuff. Both of these were catching-up projects for my 2011 challenges. If things keep clicking along like they have been, there may be a chance I'll get them all done by the end of the year! (Though the Christmas must-dos must come first.)

First, the "Santa's Teddy Bear" pillow, finished last weekend for the "Get 'er Done" Challenge:

And this bag for the UFO Challenge, which was finally finished on Tuesday, "For the Birthday Girl":

My other finish this week is just the first of many. I have jumped on the bandwagon and made my very first mug rug, and I hope to make several more for Christmas gifts this year. I'm challenging myself to use some of my piles and piles of trims on them as well, and I just love the little red edging on this one. I'll be using that up on my first few for sure!

I stocked up big time on Christmas mugs as well, so "several" may be a slight understatement. LoL I'm just so glad that quilting bloggers keep coming up with fun new gift ideas, year after year! :o)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

That santa pillow is great and I love that bag! super cute! and the mug rugs....I keep wanting to sew up a bunch but haven't done it yet! so much to do huh?!!
thanks for sharing and thank you for your comment on my blog! have a great day!

bethanndodd said...

Great finishes! I recently made a mug rug and am hoping to make more for Christmas gifts...they are just the perfect size for a quick & satisfying project. Good luck with your list! Smiles~Beth

KristyLou said...

Oh, i love that Birthday Girl bag!!!

maria said...

Great work. I like the pattern you used for the bag. I've yet to make any mug rugs, they look like fun to make.

Dee said...

Oh that's the cutest lil' mug rug! So sweet and I love the UFO bag...you've done a great job!