Friday, April 15, 2011

Just One Star

Have you heard about Moda Fabrics' Just One Star Challenge to piece, quilt and bind 100 Quilts of Valor quilts in 100 days? I had heard about the challenge before I got sick, and had started to work on a few blocks. The plan was to make "just one" for Moda, and a few more for my friend, Linda, who has made it her personal challenge to collect blocks and donate a completed quilt. Appropriately enough, my first foray back into the sewing room after being sick for a month, was to finish "just one star." If I could manage that much, I knew I was truly on my way back.


Success! It felt so good to be sewing again, even if only for a few minutes at a time. The next day, I managed two more blocks, completing a set of four for Linda:


Small steps... but things are definitely looking up! I even managed to cut out a dress for my daughter to wear for Easter, a project I had given up on for the most part. Now, I think I just might be able to get it done, little by little. I have a whole week, after all... :o)

(If you'd like to help with the "Just One Star" project, there's still time. The deadline for sending in the blocks is May 1, and one block takes about 30 minutes to complete. Check out Moda's The Cutting Table Newsletter for all the details.)

No comments: