When I went to make a list of 12 projects to finish, I was honestly shocked to find that I don't have 12 unfinished quilts! I must be getting better about finishing what I start, as just a few years ago the count was over 20. Now it stands at seven, so I added a few unfinished (and largely unstarted) sewing projects to round out my list of 12. Hope that's not bending the rules too far...
At any rate, here's my list:
1. Easter Quilt, a 2009 mystery, partially quilted. Just needs the rest of the quilting and a binding.
2. Sampler Baby Quilt, put together on a whim earlier this year from "orphan blocks" in my closet. Needs quilting and binding.
3. "Where Are Your Shoes and Socks?" A Pat Sloan Block-of-the-Month from 2007 (I think), which I've been working on (and collecting shoe fabrics for) off-and-on ever since. I have five more blocks to applique and then to set it all together with sashings and borders, quilt and bind.
4. "Seasons of the Heart," Sandi Anderson's 2009 Block-of-the-Month. I kept right up with making the blocks for this one, but never found the time in 2010 to put them all together. Setting, borders, quilting and binding are needed.
5. "Fresh Fruit," a 2006 Block-of-the-Month. This one is a paper-pieced design by Claudia Hasenbach, which I barely started on. Many blocks left to make, setting, borders, quilting and binding. It will be a shocker to me if I get this one finished. :o)
6. Floral Applique Quilt, yet another Block-of-the-Month, this one from Country Quilters USA. I believe this one started in 2006. I finished two blocks and picked out fabric to go with them. I seem to have a little trouble completing BOM quilts! Ten blocks to go, and setting, borders, quilting, binding...
7. 1930's Mini, these nine 3-1/2" paper-pieced blocks in 1930's repro prints was a Country Quilters USA sew-in "door prize," made by my friend, Leween. I LOVE them! Just haven't decided yet how best to use them. But this will be the year. What will it be? A wall hanging? Table topper? We'll see...
8. Bathroom Curtains I bought this fabric months ago to make lined curtains for my bathroom, just never felt like actually making them. Sometime this year, it WILL be done.
9. Emily's Bag Emily and I bought this pattern last spring and I stupidly bought fabric and notions for two bags before trying the pattern. It was miserable sewing, but I did finish Bag #1 and I have to admit its a cute bag (the one pictured upper right on the pattern). Now I'm determined to make the other one and get rid of that little pile in my sewing room...
10. Tim's Fleece Vest Product of another unthinking trip to the fabric store. Tim wanted a black and yellow fleece vest, but upon cutting out the pattern as he had pictured it, we found it would probably be an eyesore. Fortunately (or not) I bought enough of each color to make a black vest AND a yellow vest, quickly finished the black one and set the yellow one on the back burner. Another little pile in the corner of my sewing room... but not for long. ;o)
11. Emily's Dress If the number "11" isn't drawn in the next couple of months, I'll have to put a rush on this one, as Emily wants to wear it for Easter this year. I have only purchased the fabric, so one more trip to the fabric store is in order for the notions.
12. Perfect Pouches I won this kit in a FabShopHop several years ago and just never got around to making them. Wouldn't they make a great gift for someone?
Think I can finish all this in 2011? Time will tell... but I'm definitely looking forward to the drawing of the first number, to see what I'll be working on in January!