Thursday, August 21, 2008

Keep Working Wednesday

My friend, Jean, said, "Did Tackle it Tuesday bleed over into Keep Working Wednesday?"

LoL Actually, it did! (Not to mention, Throw it Out Thursday!) ;o)

Here's that dreaded pool table, before:


And after:


We even shot a few games of pool last night, and that hasn't happened in ages.

Now, the picture might make one think that I just piled everything on the table to the left, but that pile's actually headed for Goodwill tomorrow. And the garbage bag on the floor is, well, garbage. I was truly relentless in my decluttering, and truly determined to figure out where the rest of the stuff belonged.

But honestly, I'm still far from done. There's a big shelf full of miscellaneous books and board games, a ton of video tapes to sort through, and one last stubborn pile of things that doesn't seem to belong anywhere. But the difference in my attitude when I walk down there is huge.

I do see some light at the end of this tunnel. ;o)

1 comment:

Jean said...

I am so impressed, Heather!!!! The throwing out is always the hardest part for me as I want to keep everything. I might need it someday. I have to admit, though, it is getting easier to throw out as I get older. I am a pile person too, so I always have a couple of them around too. Keep us posted on your cleaning. Am glad someone is getting some done.