Thursday, May 15, 2008

Counting Down the Days...

... until school's out for summer. I think we're down to 14 more days (excluding weekends), and I'm still racing to get my latest quilting projects finished up in time. Last night I put the final touches on this wallhanging for my youngest's fourth grade teacher:


She is not only a wonderful teacher, but also the first to have taught all four of our kids, so I really wanted to do something special to say thank you from all of us. Hopefully, the kids will all be available on the last day of school to go and give it to her in person. Here's a photo of the label on the back, signed by each of the kids:


Just about three weeks now until my daughter's graduation, and I have one more project to finish by then, her graduation quilt. She chose the fabrics for it two years ago, and I don't think she believes I'll actually get it done. lol But today I washed and ironed the fabrics and I'm all set to start cutting. I think I can, I think I can... etc., etc.

Here's a sneak peek at the fabrics she chose...


...and I'm going to do my best to get it done. Meanwhile, I'll probably be neglecting this blog for awhile longer, though I'll try to at least post an occasional update. Hopefully things will settle down around here once summer comes, but then again, probably not. No such thing as "lazy days of summer" anymore. Grad parties, vacations, weddings... looks like June and July are already booked.

Ah well, I'll just have to take it one day at a time. ;o)

2 comments:

TR Ryan said...

Your quilts are absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful talent to have. I like your clear, succinct style of writing too.

Heather said...

Aww, thanks so much! I've been in sort of a stressed out, quilt-induced fog lately, so I haven't felt too clear about anything. In fact, I wonder sometimes if I'm making any sense at all. lol What a compliment! Really appreciate you stopping by. ;o)