Monday, March 24, 2008

The Diet: Week Eleven

For some reason, holidays always seem to make me sick. Not after the holiday is over, but just before it starts. On Saturday, I came down with the crud, a sore throat, earache, and stuffed up sinuses, with a nasty cough thrown in for good measure. But we did manage to have a nice Easter anyway. Busy, but nice. I felt awful, but pacified myself by eating anything and everything that looked vaguely enticing. Therefore, I had a one pound gain to face this week for my Monday weigh-in. Today, I'm fighting the temptation to crawl in to bed and stay there indefinitely. I hope things are looking up by this time next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, things will get better and better. Hope you feel all right today. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I think the stress of holidays may weaken our immune systems, causing us to catch bugs easier. My hubby and boys were sick, though I didn't catch it this time around. Hope you feel better soon!