Monday, March 3, 2008

The Diet: Week Eight

Halfway there... I lost two pounds this week, for a total of twelve, marking the halfway point to my goal since January first. Oddly, that didn't excite me too much this morning, until I looked back at my weight loss records for the past year.

A year ago, I was at my all-time heaviest - including pregnancies - at 174 pounds. Mind you, I'm a small person, short and small-boned, so 174 pounds put me well into the obese category on the BMI chart. I began my diet and exercise program in April and stuck with it pretty faithfully until September. I fell off the wagon after that, and gained some weight back over the holidays, so I decided to start fresh with the new year, and a new, more modest goal. BUT, if I look at my total weight loss over the past year, I've lost 37 pounds, and that's something to get excited about!

Only twelve more pounds to go...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Any way you look at it....that is a great job!

Waaahooo !