Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday: Quilt Fabric Organization

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

They're tackling all kinds of projects today over at Five Minutes for Mom. Click on the logo above to see what folks are tackling this week!

As for me, I'm tackling this:


Looks like fun, huh? This is all of the quilting fabric that I hauled from my basement yesterday, up to my new sewing room. It is complete chaos, and today I hope to change that. The plan is to sort everything by size and color, then decide where I'm going to store it all. My other fabrics are already in bins in the closet, but the quilting fabric is the most often used, so it needs to be easy to see and readily available for picking and choosing colors. I don't really have a solid plan yet, so this should be an interesting challenge.

Update to come, later today. Stay tuned...

Update: 7:00 p.m.

Well, I didn't get it all done, but I did get the whole pile sorted by size and color. These are all the pieces one yard or more:


Less than one yard:


One bin of scraps, and another filled to the brim with juvenile and holiday prints:



Not as much as I had hoped to accomplish today, but at least some progress made. Now to figure out where to store it all!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck! I love organizing! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

That is some fantastic progress made! WTG!
Wanna come help me organize my sewing stuff? :)

Jenny said...

Your sewing room is going to be great! I love all of your quilts - and it looks like you have the fabric to make many, many more! :-)