Monday, February 25, 2008

The Diet: Week Seven

Woohoo! Good news! I was a very good girl this past week, and I lost the four pound birthday gain, plus one! Five pounds! Must have been a lot of water weight involved, but I can't tell you how great it feels to be back on track. Hopefully I can now kiss the 140's goodbye, once and for all. The next milestone will be getting to 134 (five more pounds), which is where I was last August before my diet was derailed. At that point, my goal weight will feel within reach once again. Yes!

This weekend I discovered that the Wii game system gives you a pretty good workout. I "bowled" with my kids nearly all day on Saturday, and could barely life my arm all day Sunday. LoL Had I sat down between turns, I would have had the added benefit of working my thighs (sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up...), but the way my shoulder and arm felt, I'm glad I chose to stand between turns for the most part. Love the way these video games are getting so physical, though. Between bowling and Dance Dance Revolution, I could almost give up the treadmill. Almost.

Speaking of which, I'd better get on the treadmill before the day is shot...

No comments: