BHC June Progress Report: Week Two

Well June is half over already and I haven't even started on my June project... BUT, I think today may be the day. I plan to get outside and start some scraping and painting on the deck railings, weather permitting. Wish me luck for a day without rain...

I do, however, have some progress to report on the kitchen. It's really coming along. Since my last update, I stripped the rest of the wallpaper, patched and sanded lots of dings and nail holes in the walls, and finished the painting -- and we got a new light fixture! Here's our old fluorescent light with the missing cover (and ugly, to boot!)

And here's the new light installed and a freshly painted ceiling. What a difference!

Just SO much better.

And no surprise here, but deciding on a wall color was tough. I had a vague idea in mind of "purpley-gray," and gradually collected every purpley-gray sample in existence a few samples to mull over.

Finally I decided on "Vintage Vineyard," second from the left, with a plan to eventually use the other shades in the adjoining living room. The tile sample is what we're thinking about for the floor, not yet done.

I painted the walls yesterday. It was such a big change, it was a little scary getting started. But as it turns out, I really do like it. Whew!

We still plan to do floor tile and a new window (one that slides side-to-side, and that I can open!) We finally closed on a mortgage refinance that's been in the works for several months now, so we have a little extra money to put into the house. We might even get new kitchen appliances. (Then, I might actually enjoy cooking!)

I can't wait for it to be done. :o)


On another note, I've really been slacking on my sewing the past few months, but lately I've been trying to get back on track. I should have something quilty to blog about very soon...

Comments

Chris H said…
I love your kitchen.
And sewing... I've done hardly any too.
Heather your home is looking great! Oh you must feel so accomplished. I was glad to here you were all safe during the flood. Xo

Popular posts from this blog

My Family Left Me...

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait (Part Three)

UFO Challenge: January Finish!