Well June is half over already and I haven't even started on my June project... BUT, I think today may be the day. I plan to get outside and start some scraping and painting on the deck railings, weather permitting. Wish me luck for a day without rain...
I do, however, have some progress to report on the kitchen. It's really coming along. Since my last update, I stripped the rest of the wallpaper, patched and sanded lots of dings and nail holes in the walls, and finished the painting -- and we got a new light fixture! Here's our old fluorescent light with the missing cover (and ugly, to boot!)
And here's the new light installed and a freshly painted ceiling. What a difference!
Just SO much better.
And no surprise here, but deciding on a wall color was tough. I had a vague idea in mind of "purpley-gray," and gradually collected
every purpley-gray sample in existence a few samples to mull over.
Finally I decided on "Vintage Vineyard," second from the left, with a plan to eventually use the other shades in the adjoining living room. The tile sample is what we're thinking about for the floor, not yet done.
I painted the walls yesterday. It was such a big change, it was a little scary getting started. But as it turns out, I really do like it. Whew!
We still plan to do floor tile and a new window (one that slides side-to-side, and that I can open!) We finally closed on a mortgage refinance that's been in the works for several months now, so we have a little extra money to put into the house. We might even get new kitchen appliances. (Then, I might actually enjoy cooking!)
I can't wait for it to be done. :o)
On another note, I've really been slacking on my sewing the past few months, but lately I've been trying to get back on track. I should have something quilty to blog about very soon...