Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday: So Many WIPs

Not sure how it happened, but suddenly I have so many projects in varying stages, I don't know where to start! Maybe if I get them all listed here for Design Wall Monday, it'll help me to just pick one already.

I have enough bug jar blocks for two baby quilts, and started sewing some rows together last week and auditioning fabrics for the "shelf." So far, I'm really liking the brights with these:

Working with those inspired me to make some fruit jars, too, so one evening last week I made these. I may set them aside for awhile until I get a better variety of fruit prints... and I'm not sure I like the gold jar lids, either...

I recently had almost six yards of Nascar fabric randomly "call to me" from my stash. Someone had given it to me several years ago, and I thought, "What will I ever do with Nascar fabric?" I thought about it for awhile and almost tucked it back away, but then I remembered Margaret's Hope Chest and the "Wrapped in Hope" project. Sure enough, on the 2012 birthday list there was one little Nascar-loving boy still in need of a quilt. So this will be a quilt for Bobby, who will be 11 years old on December 25th. Seems like randomly pulling that Nascar fabric out wasn't so random at all... I love knowing that God has a hand in my quilting. :o)

(And it's not just Nascar fabric. It's "Bobby Labonte" fabric. For Bobby. That part kind of gave me chills.)

These hourglass blocks will be a quilt for another young man I know who loves sports, and who will be turning 13 this year. The blue print is for the back.

This next one is a baby quilt I started last year for Judy's Monochromatic Challenge at Patchwork Times (obviously, the color that month was brown), which wound up in the UFO pile instead. I recently bought some Cuddle Bubble minky-like fabric for the back, so I'm once again inspired to get going and finish it up. I'm not sure how well that backing will quilt, but it is so darned soft and cuddly, I've really been wanting to give it a try on a baby quilt.

Finally, this is a baby quilt I haven't started yet, but I did buy some fabric for it recently, so I'm anxious to get it under way. I think the airplane blocks will be different colors/prints, with the cloud background if I have enough. If I run short, I have the solid blue to alternate. I may or may not use the big airplane print for the back. It's still in the planning stages.

Once again, I have amassed a healthy batch of works-in-progress. There's no chance I'll ever know the meaning of the word "bored." (Was there ever any doubt?) Now I just need to decide where to start and get busy!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

I love the jars!
The gold tops... yeah I agree.
I would use a pretty pale blue, but then I love blue! *smiles*

Richard Healey said...

I love the jars those are neat. Especially the bug Jars. Going to have to pin that one.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

mindingmomma said...

That looks like a lot of work! Busy hands... How cool that the Bobby quilt came together that way, God is pretty awesome like that.