Friday, January 28, 2011

Bloggers' Block-a-Palooza

Well... since I'm getting so much accomplished in the UFO challenges, why not start another project, right? (Hopefully this one won't wind up as next year's UFO.) I couldn't resist the 2011 Block-a-Palooza Quilt Along over at Quilt Dad's place. Each block will be designed by a different blogger and revealed on Mondays and Thursdays through the end of March. I thought it would be interesting to see the different ways each quilter will use wild geese and/or nine-patches in the various blocks. So far, I haven't been disappointed!

Here is my first block, "Flying Over Fields," designed by Quilt Dad, John Adams.


Pretty wild, I know. But I do have a "vision." lol We'll see if I can make it work.

The designers of the quilt-along are all featuring fabrics from Moda's Sunkissed line, but since I have little fabric budget and ample stash, I'm going a very different route with my bright pinks. (That is hot pink, and not red. It's so hard to accurately photograph pinks.) I have a little someone in mind who might like these colors in a quilt...

Here is the second block, "Word Search," designed by Elizabeth Hartman from Oh, Fransson!


I'm thinking... Strawberry Shake. :o)

If you'd like to play along, you can get all the details and links to the blocks at John's Block-a-Palooza page.

No comments: