Friday, March 7, 2008

Show and Tell Friday: Sewing Projects


It's Show and Tell day over at Kelli's House, and since I've been on a sewing spree this week, finishing up several long unfinished projects, I thought I'd just share what I've accomplished. (And maybe bask in the glow a little bit. LoL)

First, a pair of sweatpants originally cut out for oldest son, now the perfect size for my youngest daughter, Emily. Nice pose, huh?


Next, a doll nightie I cut out long ago, to match pjs for the girls. Finished the pjs, forgot all about the poor doll - until now.


Finally added a zipper and hem to this dress for my oldest daughter. I started it last winter, but found at the last minute that it was too small. In my frustration, I lost interest in the whole thing. Ironically, she's lost weight since then, so now it actually fits. Couldn't get her to model it for a picture, though.


Next, four sets of pajamas cut out by my husband's grandma... who knows when? Probably when my sister-in-law was a little girl. Grandma gave me the patterns and pieces to finish them up for my girls, but time got away from me, too. Ironically (again), my sister-in-law now has two little girls who are just this size. And their birthdays are both coming up soon.


When Emily was about three years old, I cut out this fleece hat, mitten and scarf set, with the best of intentions of finishing them right away. At the time I was five months pregnant and in the process of moving, so... they didn't get finished. But ten years later, it was still really fun seeing these come together:


And the matching bunny backpack. So precious!


These are size 2-4, and we don't have a little girl to fit them right now. But we do have a little grandbaby coming, and if it's a girl, wouldn't this be a fun gift from Grandma? We'll just have to patiently wait and see. Meanwhile, here's 9-year-old Timothy, hamming it up for the camera. (Someday he'll despise this picture! LoL But he sure was having fun!)


I have to say, it feels great having all of these projects finished after all this time. I'm tempted to ask myself, if this was all done in a week, why have I let it hang over my head for years?? But I guess it's all about timing. The timing wasn't right, and now, it is. Heck, I finally have time! So it's all good, and I'll refrain from kicking myself too hard. ;o)

22 comments:

Short Stop said...

Oh my goodness, those bunnies are adorable!!

cherished*vintage said...

Ok, those bunnies are the cutest thing ever! Love the backpack. They will make a wonderful gift from grandma. Great work!
-Karoline

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy sewing! Everything looks great! The bunnies are just in time for spring. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Love it all...really like the color of the dress you made, but I must say the bunny things are TOPS!!!

Have a great weekend, hope you can drop by my show n tell if you haven't already.

rohanknitter said...

I'll bet it felt great to get all those UFO's done!!
I LOVE the bunny ensemble!!

Connie Marie said...

Very good work!
One week huh?
I hope you have a girl for those cute, cute bunnies!

stace said...

i wish i could sew like that....great work

Anonymous said...

You made all these things??! I am impressed! Love the hat and mittens... adorable.
Patricia

Unknown said...

Wow! You have some great sewing! I am trying to get into it more as well. I am hoping to make an apron soon (once the pattern arrives in the mail). I hope it turns out ok.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello and commenting on my blog! Have a beautiful weekend!

Mary said...

There is a perfect time for everything and it looks like that time was now. I love all of your sewing projects. I especially love the sunflower fabric that you used to make the doll's nightie. Thanks for sharing your busy week. You did great!

Blessings,
Mary

Kathi said...

You get an 'A' for the day!! Your projects are lovely!! Good for you. I love your dress.

Kathi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I can hardly sew a button on so I'm always amazed to see other's beautiful work.

I think the hat mittens and scarf set and backpack will make some little girl very happy someday --thye are adorable.

Hugs, Pat in NY

nancy said...

Hey, you did so "good". I have so many projects, I've started a whole page for them on my blog. I only have 3 on it and have several more to put up. It helps me to keep track, too.
The pajamas look so sweet and comfy.
Nancy

JEWELGIRL said...

I love the bunny things.
They are so cute for little
ones.

Susan said...

What great accomplishments!!! I can only imagine how very great it must feel for you. Love the PJ's and the bunnys. Adorable.
Susan

Celestial Freak said...

Great sewing! I'm just starting to really get into sewing myself. I'm posting a pic of some fabric my hubby bought me, if you have a chance stop by my randomness blog to let me know what you think I should make myself with it.

I love the blue dress! If my mom could have sewn like that for my proms I would have actually liked what I wore! LOL!

The bunnies are all adorable too!

Heather said...

Thank you all, so much, for your sweet comments! Really do appreciate you stopping in. ;o)

Jessica said...

What a great Show & Tell! You have some really great projects but my favorites were the bunnies and the pajamas! They look so cozy.

Jean said...

You are really working the UFO closet!!! Good job.

Christy Woolum said...

Those bunnies are just too cute! It puts me in the mood for spring!

Jenny said...

Wow! You got a lot done! I love the pictures - especially when your kids model for you! They seem so fun!

Kelli said...

You have been hard at work!! All the projects are wonderful and the bunnies are too cute...I love them!
~Kelli