Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bunny Love

More bunnies! Must be Easter in the air. Today I finished this crib quilt, for a new great-niece we're expecting in April. I'm calling it "Bunny Love."


I originally bought this bunny/heart fabric to make an Easter dress for one of the girls years ago, but since that never happened, I thought it would be perfect for an April baby quilt. I bought the friendship star blocks from my friend, Connie, some time ago, so with the blocks already made, the quilt came together really quickly. I love the old-fashioned look of the scrappy blocks. And everything, right down to the batting and thread, came out of my over-abundant stash. ;o)

Here's a closeup of the bunny border (They're actually bears, dressed up as bunnies. They even have little bunny slippers!):


The quilting (since the border is reversed at each end, I quilted some hearts going each way. No top or bottom!):


And one more view, with a little different lighting:


I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Hope Mama, Daddy, and baby will love it, too!

No comments: