Monday, January 14, 2008

The Diet: Week One

It seems my body has taken up right where it left off back in August. No big induction weight loss this first week, but I did lose two pounds, as I did steadily each week last year. The tape measure was more encouraging, as I've lost a half-inch from my chest, waist and hips, plus a quarter-inch from my arms.

I have to admit, my results were a bit disappointing at first. Usually when I begin induction, I will lose 5-6 pounds the first week, followed by another 4-5 on week two, before slowing to the healthy two-pounds-per-week pace. But I'll have to embrace the slower start as a good thing, assuming that my system is burning at a steady pace, and considering that, when I had those big numbers, I was much more overweight.

So, it's all good. I just have to maintain what I'm doing and the pounds will inevitably come off. I only have twenty pounds left to lose, so could very likely reach my goal in ten weeks or so -- even before shorts and swimsuit season.

Sweet! ;o)

No comments: