Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nothing Much to Say

The trouble with blogging is that I never feel like I should post unless I have something somewhat important to say. I haven't quite got the knack of just rambling on about whatever's going on in my life because, frankly, I doubt that anyone really much cares. On the other hand, when a few days pass without a post, I feel like I'm shirking my blogging duties. So if you're out there reading, bless you, and here goes the rambling...

Yesterday we went to our school Halloween carnival. I have no pictures to share because I forgot my camera, and also because it was four days before Halloween and I wasn't really in the spirit. I promise to take a picture on the actual day, even though I could probably get by with just copying last years' pictures. (Tim's dressing up as a ninja -- again.) Does it show that Halloween isn't really my favorite holiday? Nah. Honestly, I haven't always been such a stick-in-the-mud, but twenty consecutive years of making costumes and carving jack 'o lanterns can do that to a person. I'm sure I'll get in the mood by Wednesday afternoon though, when I'm up to my elbows in pumpkin guck.

On a lighter note, Emily had a solo with the church choir this morning singing, "Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King." I know I'm her mother and all, but I have to say, it was really, really beautiful. Hardly a dry eye in the house. My girls definitely have a God-given gift to sing, and it's beyond awesome that they're willing to share it this way. I couldn't be more proud. Tonight we get to hear her sing once more, in our church talent show. This time a solo, "Gratitude," by Nichole Nordeman, sung a capella. Better bring my kleenex.

That's our weekend in a nutshell -- and I thought I had nothing much to say! ;o)

No comments: