Monday, September 24, 2007

There Must Be a Leprechaun in My Pocket

My quilting friend, Linda, made this leprechaun comment to me, since I’ve had such a streak of random luck going. I love it!

Another stroke of luck: I won a pair of tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot in concert, in a random drawing of entries with 95.7 The Bridge radio. The concert was last night and I took my mom, who was dying to see him (and might have disowned me had I taken anyone else). The concert was awesome! I’m in awe of his stamina, still doing concert tours at the age of 68. And he still sounds great, too.

But that's not all...

Part of the radio package was tickets to the pre-concert party that included lots of free appetizers and drinks -- and more drawings. The very last prize awarded was a pair of passes for a “meet and greet” after the concert. I about passed out when they called my name.



Meeting Gordon Lightfoot was very cool. He’s sweet and gracious and doesn’t make you feel like a pest when you ask for his autograph and to pose for a picture. (grin) My mom was in seventh heaven. I think she’ll remember this for a long time…

So I’m wondering if all this luck will continue in other areas. I mean, random luck is great, but winning something on your own merits is a whole other thing. I spent a good part of the weekend writing a short story for the Writer’s Weekly “24 Hour Short Story Contest.” So I guess we shall see...

3 comments:

Jean said...

Glad to see your lucky streak is continuing, Heather. Sounds like you had a great time.
When do they announce the winners for the contest? You will have to let us know.
Jean

Writing Nag said...

thanks for your congrats on writer unboxed. Your bookshelf quilt is incredible!

Heather said...

Thank you both for visiting! ;o)

The Writers Weekly contest winners will be announced in about a month. It'll take that long for them to read all the entries. I've got my fingers crossed! lol