New Mystery Quilt!

So, I've been in need of a new quilting project to pull me out of the sub-zero, mid-winter doldrums and I think I've found just the thing; The Great Summer Holiday Mystery at "Hugs and Kisses." I haven't done a mystery quilt in ages, so when a few of my quilting friends did their New Year's Eve mysteries, I caught the bug.

Choosing fabrics was a challenge. I'm on a strict no-buying-anything-that-isn't-absolutely-necessary budget, so it all had to come from my stash. I came up with several combinations, but few of them had enough yardage for the whole project. Somehow, though, I did find my fabrics:


Colorful, no? I'm making an Easter quilt. Which is perfect, because I have a throw quilt for every holiday except Easter. Not for long!

Yesterday I completed Step One, which was to make five of these:


Step two is posted, so maybe I'll finish that today. My kids are all home. No school, due to the nasty cold temps.

A great day to hide out in the sewing room! LoL Thanks, Helen!

Comments

Messy Karen said…
just stopping by to see how you're doing on the mystery quilt. i like that you are thinking ahead. might start another one like for valentine's day. but my stash also coming up short when i pick something.
Jean said…
Good start! Like your fabrics. BTW, you've been tagged! Check my blog for details!

Popular posts from this blog

My Family Left Me...

Playing Catch Up Again: The Guest Room (My 400th Post!)

UFO Challenge: January Finish!