Bunny Love

More bunnies! Must be Easter in the air. Today I finished this crib quilt, for a new great-niece we're expecting in April. I'm calling it "Bunny Love."


I originally bought this bunny/heart fabric to make an Easter dress for one of the girls years ago, but since that never happened, I thought it would be perfect for an April baby quilt. I bought the friendship star blocks from my friend, Connie, some time ago, so with the blocks already made, the quilt came together really quickly. I love the old-fashioned look of the scrappy blocks. And everything, right down to the batting and thread, came out of my over-abundant stash. ;o)

Here's a closeup of the bunny border (They're actually bears, dressed up as bunnies. They even have little bunny slippers!):


The quilting (since the border is reversed at each end, I quilted some hearts going each way. No top or bottom!):


And one more view, with a little different lighting:


I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Hope Mama, Daddy, and baby will love it, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait (Part Three)

My Family Left Me...

UFO Challenge: January Finish!