Meanwhile, t-shirts are ready for baby's big brother and sister when the big day arrives (iron-on embroidered letters)... we are beyond prepared. LoL
Last week I mentioned how I had fallen in love with a certain CQUSA mystery quilt, and made three in a row using the same pattern. Well now I can share the second of the three -- this was the original "mystery quilt."
Starting out, I knew only that I wanted to make a baby girl quilt for my niece's baby shower (she's expecting in November), and that if I used half the number of fabrics called for, I'd get closer to baby quilt size. Here are the fabrics I chose, six fat quarters and Kona white for the sashing:
After cutting, the first step was to make these little 8-1/2" blocks:
Next, the pieced blocks were mixed and matched with the larger cut pieces, and sashing strips were added. I ended up with six 18" blocks, which still seemed a little too large for a baby quilt. I decided to use two of the blocks on the back with two 18" squares of the teddy bear print, and made my first ever reversible quilt. I was pretty amazed at how well everything lined up.
Quilting in progress...
After quilting and binding, and fresh from the dryer. Here's the front (or back):
And the back (or front!):
...and finished just in time for the baby shower last weekend. So excited to welcome these new little ones into the family. But for now, there's just the waiting, waiting, waiting...
Linking up today with Amylouwho's Sew & Tell Friday!