Friday, February 15, 2013

Birthday Week Blessings

Well I made it through my to-do list -- and then some!
  • Complete one scrappy flannel project

    Done! And listed in the shop today:


    Scrappy Floral Ragtime Baby Quilt

    I also started making some pink and purple string blocks for another project:

  • Begin work on two custom quilt orders. (Still waiting for my fabric order for this one. Should be delivered on Monday!)
  • Tear down sheetrock on bathtub end wall.

    Made a heckuva mess in the process...

    But I got it done!

    AND cleaned up the mess. AND stripped the caulking around the tub/floor, for a head start on next week.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had a fantastic day! My husband and kids were so good to me. I was spoiled with roses (And breakfast. And dinner!) from my husband...

...a beautiful Willow Tree "Love" figurine from my daughter...

...and a new camera from the whole family, which I really, really needed.

I didn't lift a finger all day, for meals or housework or anything, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I even got to hear my two youngest singing together at a variety show at the high school, and they did a beautiful job. I feel so very loved and blessed and thankful for my sweet family.

Birthdays can be nice. ;o)

2 comments:

Noela said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you were spoilt by your family which is lovely. Hard work in the bathroom but will be worth it in the end. Have a great weekend. Hugs.....

Chris H said...

Sounds like you really did have an amazing birthday!