Sunday, April 1, 2012

Better Home Challenge: Project for April

It's time to tackle another room for the Better Home Challenge, and the lucky number for April is number seven! On my list, that's the master bedroom and closet. Ugh. Here we go again... these "before" pictures just get more and more embarrassing, but I didn't have the energy or the inclination to clean up first. LoL So here's the view walking into the room:

And panning right, around the room...

Sadly, it actually looks worse in real life.

For starters, I have lots of piles to sort through. If I got rid of all the clothes in my drawers (which I don't wear), maybe I could put away the clothes piled up pretty much everywhere else (which I actually do wear).

If I make it through the sorting and cleaning phase soon enough, this room is also due for a major decor update. I used to love that dark green print wallpaper, but I'm really tired of it now. I'm trying to remember how long ago I hung that paper... possibly ten years ago? And though I despise stripping wallpaper, I might just decide to go for it. We'll see...

I definitely have my work cut out for me.

Careful now... we're about to enter the closet. Beware of falling objects and potential avalanche situations...

... is it too late to pick a different number? LoL

At least I have a couple of finished areas now that I can go and "visit" for inspiration. If you'd like to see how the March project turned out, here's the link to my reveal post. And if you'd like to share a project that you finished in March, let me know in the comments and I'll be happy to add a linky form here.

Okay, first things first. I'm off to make my bedroom to-do list. Ready, set, GO!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That is going to be quite the project BUT it's going to be a great project! just remember the outcome :)
I hear ya on the clothes, too many that don't fit but have to save, just in case...
I really can't wait till I see what you do, I bet it's going to look wonderful!

Jean said...

Oh wow. Yea. the wallpaper. Funny how our favorites change, isn't it? You could always paint over the top. Not the best idea, but it works. Are the walls drywall or plaster? When you have such a big closet you just fill it up!