Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Great Little Pick-Me-Up

I've been a little under the weather for the past week or so, but now that I seem to be bouncing back a bit, I wanted to share one of the brighter spots in my week -- my scrappy baby quilt is back home! This is the quilt top I made for Marcia's Scrappy Quilt Challenge back in December. I was so excited to have my name drawn and to have my top quilted by Marcia.

It was a cute little top, but nothing special really -- until Marcia worked her magic...

It's gorgeous! I'm loving every detail, such as the little butterflies that she incorporated into the swirl design...

I had asked her to stitch her name into the quilting, but she really surprised me with this, "Made by Heather, Quilted by Marcia, 2012."

And as if the beautiful quilting weren't enough, Marcia also sent me some of her lovely note cards and postcards.

Aren't they pretty? I have been truly spoiled.

The quilting photos above are only a few of the many Marcia took throughout her quilting process. (She's not only a great quilter, but also a great quilt photographer. Her blog posts are always chock-full of eye candy!) I highly recommend a visit to Marcia's Crafty Sewing and Quilting blog to see the rest of her pictures and how she brought this simple little quilt top to life. She also included a rundown of what this quilting job would have cost, which came to a total of $59.52, including batting and thread. Some nice prize, huh? (And not a bad price either!)

Thank you so much, Marcia! You've gone above and beyond with this lovely prize, and this little quilt will always have a special place in my heart. ♥

6 comments:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Lovely little quilt in my favorite colors. Beautiful quilting!!! Very, very nice!!

Betty Lou said...

That truly is "magic quilting", what a sweet little quilt.

Jean said...

The quilting does bring the quilt to life!

Chris H said...

It is gorgeous! I wish I could quilt even a little bit!

Nicky said...

That was a good win!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your quilt really is beautiful! Marcia seems to work magic doesn't she, I always enjoy her eye candy!