Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend Quilting: I Scream for Ice Cream!


These ice cream cone blocks originated from an online Fat Quarter/Block Swap. Each swapper sent one fat quarter of our focus fabric to a friend, who then made blocks from our fabric and sent the finished blocks back. My friend, Sandy, made three ice cream cones and two ball blocks from my fabric, which gave me a great start on this baby quilt top. This weekend I made eight more ice cream cones and set the top together. I still need to add borders and get it quilted before our new little niece is born. And that could be any day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Congrats on the new niece.

Heather said...

Thanks, Jeff! I almost have the quilt finished now, so looks like it'll be done in time. ;o)